1.OverviewTEEG NZ Limited (hereafter referred to as “TEEG NZ”, “we” or “us”) own and operate the following New Zealand-based leisure businesses:
- Xtreme Entertainment
3.Your personal informationPersonal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable regardless of whether the information is true or not. TEEG NZ only collects personal information (and sensitive health information) which is necessary for, or related to, one or more of its functions or activities.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction that you have with us. Broadly speaking, the types of personal information that we collect may include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone details;
- age and date of birth;
- credit card, bank account details and tax file numbers;
- health information - if you intend to use one of our venues or services where your health status may be a consideration;
- whether you are a member of one of our commercial partners with whom we organise discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
- where applicable your licence, vehicle registration and insurance details;
- your image, if you are photographed at one of our venues; and
- if you apply for a job in one of our businesses, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
4.How we collect personal informationWe may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including:
- when you send us an e-mail, “contact us” message or make any other form of written enquiry;
- via mobile sites, applications, widgets and other mobile interactive features (collectively “Apps”), for example, when you provide feedback via a QR Code App;
- via our official social media pages that we control, such as the official pages for our various businesses on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- when you visit or call one of our venues to ask about our services;
- when you sign up to use our services, whether online or in person;
- when you make a booking at one of our venues;
- when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which we (or one of our agents) conduct;
- when you purchase tickets to our venues, either from us or one of our resellers;
- when you purchase photos of your visit to one of our venues;
- when you sign up to receive our newsletters or marketing material;
- if your photograph is taken at one of our venues; and
- when you submit an application for employment with us.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, for example:
- your friends via a refer a friend promotion;
- our commercial partners with whom we organise discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- our share registry service provider;
- debit and payment service providers who process transactions on behalf of our various businesses;
- market research organisations we engage to conduct market research;
- our official pages on social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; and
- recruiters we have retained and from referees you have provided in support of a job application.
6.How we use your personal informationYour personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- for the purpose requested;
- to respond to your query or feedback;
- to process your application for membership of one of our businesses or to use or purchase one of our products or services;
- to process your order;
- to promote and market all current and future TEEG NZ businesses, venues, products and services and to inform you about the products and services of our commercial partners;
- to process and consider your application for employment;
- to assist with our internal business processes;
- for market research purposes and to improve our product and service offering;
- to administer contests, promotions and surveys;
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect; and
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
7.When we disclose your personal informationWe may disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances including to:
- related entities within TEEG NZ;
- contractors, agents and suppliers we engage to provide products and/or perform services for us, for example customer feedback analysts, digital marketing agencies, online shopping cart service providers, photo processing companies, payment processors and personal trainers;
- commercial partners with whom we have agreed information sharing arrangements;
- our share registry service provider for the purpose of managing our investors’ holdings;
- our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
- law enforcement bodies;
- a purchaser of all or part of TEEG NZ’s business; and
- any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected (including if required by law).
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties.
8.Anonymity and pseudonymsFrom time to time, you may be able to visit our venues or websites and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, we require certain personal information to be able to provide you with the services, products or information you seek. If you do not provide us with certain required information, we may not be able to provide you with access to those services or products or respond to your request or communication.
For example, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry, assess your application, enter you in a promotion, or send you requested information.
9.Updating personal informationWe take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
You can update (or request us to update) your personal information at any time. We ask you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to provide you with useful information.
To update your details, please email us at [email protected]. Alternatively, if you have an online account with one of our businesses, you may update your details via your online account.
If you would like to unsubscribe or “opt out” from receiving any direct marketing material from TEEG NZ, that option will be available in the relevant communication sent to you. We will respond to your unsubscribe request within a reasonable period after your request is made.
10.How you can access or remove your personal informationYou have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You are also able to request us to remove your details should you wish to “opt out” in the future. Should you wish to access or remove your details, please email us at [email protected].
Alternatively, if you have an online account with one of our businesses, you may be able to access the personal information we hold about you via your online account.
If there is a lawful reason for not providing you with access, we will provide you with a written explanation and will inform you of the mechanism to complain about our refusal at that time.
Please note that we will respond to your requests as soon as reasonably practicable and we may charge a reasonable fee for doing so.
11.Security measures to protect your personal informationTEEG NZ takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, modification and unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information.
We have implemented a variety of electronic and physical security measures to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. These measures include:
- your information is stored on secured networks consistent with industry standards, and is only accessible by those employees and agents who have special access rights to such systems;
- our websites use a secure server so that credit card details provided when purchasing tickets or paying for goods, for example, are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring or receiving sensitive information supplied by users;
- where your information is in hardcopy form, such documents are stored in secured areas only accessible by those employees and agents with special access rights;
- our EFTPOS terminals for credit card transactions at the retail outlets are PCI Compliant to provide necessary security over credit card data;
- our IT networks undergo necessary penetration testing to continually identify and remediate potential opportunities for unauthorised data access; and
- periodic data recon is carried out on our point of sale systems to ensure no credit card details are stored without encryption.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have an online account with one of our businesses, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep your login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, private and secure.
However, if you nevertheless prefer not to receive cookies, you can configure your Internet browser on your electronic device to reject them, or to notify you if they are being used. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our websites and the online shopping process.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our websites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.